Skip to content
Maharashtra lockdown: Checkout what is allowed and what is not as per the new guidelines
May 31, 2021
Maharashtra government on Sunday decided to extend the ongoing lockdown in the state by 15 days till June 15.
“Lockdown is being extended for 15 days, shall be in place till June 15 now. Depending on the case tally of districts, certain relaxations and restrictions will be enforced,” Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray said.
The state government also released a set of guidelines in the wake of lockdown extension.
Here’s a list of what is allowed and what is not according to the new set of guidelines issued by the government
1. All essential shops that currently operate between 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. now will be allowed to operate between 7 a.m. till 2 p.m.
2. There shall be restrictions on movement post 3 p.m., only medical and other emergencies and home deliveries will be permitted under the order dated May 12, 2021.
3. Delivery of essential and non-essential items through online e-commerce platforms will be allowed in such districts
4. All government offices, except those directly involved in COVID work can function with 25% attendance.
5. Agricultural sector related shops can operate till 2 p.m., on weekdays, the respective District Disaster Management Authority (DMA) may extend the timings on weekdays or may allow the opening of the shops on the weekends for some time considering the requirements of sowing season and impending monsoon.
On Friday, five districts of Maharashtra — Satara, Sindhudurg, Ratnagiri, Raigad and Hingoli — were declared as ‘very critical’ as COVID-19 positivity rates in these districts were between 17% to 21% as against the state’s average of 11.06%, according to Maharashtra’s health department data.
Administrative units where the COVID-19 positivity rate is more than 20% and oxygen beds occupancy is more than 75%, will continue to be under ‘Break the chain orders dated May 12, 2021’ as given below:
1. The borders of such districts shall be sealed, no outflow or inflow of people into the districts may be allowed. Only on the ground of emergencies, incase of death in the family, performing duty related to emergency or COVID related, or essential services related to COVID will be permitted.
2. There shall be no restriction on the cargo movements and deliveries to shops/ establishments beyond the opening hours for the purpose of replenishment of stocks.
3. Shops serving people beyond the permitted time will have serious consequences like closing down of the shop till the period of notification of Corona pandemic in operation along with heavy penalties.
4. Home deliveries shall be permitted during the period by District Disaster Management Authority (DMA) and must be encouraged to permit for longer hours.
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'BartaTheme' not found in /home/r06mt4dxeu3f/public_html/wp-content/plugins/barta-core/module/rt-post-views.php:35
#0 /home/r06mt4dxeu3f/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(287): RT_POST_VIEWS->_set_post_views('')
#1 /home/r06mt4dxeu3f/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(311): WP_Hook->apply_filters('', Array)
#2 /home/r06mt4dxeu3f/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(478): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
#3 /home/r06mt4dxeu3f/public_html/wp-includes/general-template.php(2900): do_action('wp_footer')
#4 /home/r06mt4dxeu3f/public_html/wp-content/themes/stylish-news/footer.php(71): wp_footer()
#5 /home/r06mt4dxeu3f/public_html/wp-includes/template.php(723): require_once('/home/r06mt4dxe...')
#6 /home/r06mt4dxeu3f/public_html/wp-includes/template.php(672): load_template('/home/r06mt4dxe...', true)
#7 /home/r06mt4dxeu3f/public_html/wp-includes/general-template.php(76): locate_template(Array, true)
#8 /home/r06mt4dxeu3f/public_html/wp-content/themes/stylish-news/single.php(10 in /home/r06mt4dxeu3f/public_html/wp-content/plugins/barta-core/module/rt-post-views.php on line 35